Saturday, November 21, 2009

ENTER HIS GATES WITH THANKSGIVING

Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him
and praise his name.”
Psalm 100:4 NLT
~~~~~~


If we stop to consider how we pray, we may be surprised how little thanksgiving and praise our prayers contain. I have found at times my entire prayer has been basically nothing but requests. It’s helpful for me to start out with praise and thanksgiving and keep mixing it with my requests throughout my prayer. When I do that, it enables me to make my petitions with greater confidence and expectation. When I only ask, ask, ask, something vital is missing in my heart. That sort of ties in with what Paul says in Philippians 4:6, “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.”

What part does thanksgiving and praise play in your prayer life? This Thanksgiving Season may be an excellent time for us to start focusing on sprinkling our prayers with more thanksgiving and praise. It can make our prayer time an increasingly positive experience.

Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING, and keep looking up!

No comments: