Saturday, February 28, 2009

ARE YOU READY FOR CHRIST'S RETURN?

"For as lightning that comes from the east
is visible even in the west,
so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

Matthew 24:27 NLT
~~~~~~~~

The other day Charlie sent me a short video about the Second Coming of Christ. I clicked on it, and as it finished, I spontaneously cried out, “Oh God!” as people flashed across my mind; people who to my knowledge are not ready for Christ’s return. When Christ returns, it will be too late to get right with Him. That has to take place before that moment.

Most people reading these words know that God sent His Son to this world to be the Savior of all who would believe in Him. He did this because all of us are sinners and unfit to enter God’s sinless heaven. No matter how “good” we may try to be, it can not remove our guilt. That’s why God in His love sent His sinless Son to pay for our guilt by dying on the cross in our place.

Not only did Jesus die for us, but the Father raised Him from the dead, to demonstrate that His Son’s death fully paid for our sin. Now, our part is to admit to Him that we are sinners and accept Jesus as our Lord and savior. With our sins forgiven, we will be ready for heaven whether we go by natural death or at the Second Coming of Christ.

Weirdoes through the ages have predicted dates for the return of Christ, but the specific time is not for us to know. In fact, Jesus talking about His return said, “No one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.” Matthew 24:36 NLT

Though we can’t know the time of His return, the fact of His coming is without question. Close to 100 passages of Scripture make reference to it. Besides being certain, it will be sudden - “As lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man." Matthew 24:27 NLT

Turn up your sound and click on the Video.


You can be ready today, to live, to die, or for His coming!

Just pray something like this-
“Lord Jesus, I admit that I am a sinner.
Please forgive all my sins. Come into my life, and take control. I want to live the rest of my life for you!
Amen”

If you prayed that with honesty, you are forgiven!! He made it possible through what He did when He was here the first time!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iver, I print out your messages each week for Victoria. I can't print out the video in this one, but I must send it to some of my friends. It is really explosive. Thanks.

Beldin said...

Good morning Iver! Within the last few weeks, I have had the privilege of leading two WWII Veterans in a prayer to invite the Lord into their lives. Both "hoped they would go to heaven" but were not at all sure. I continue to be amazed by how many people who have been in church much of their lives aren't sure about their eternity! The Lord has blessed me with a passion for the lost that I treasure. I know God will continue to bless you in all that you are doing for him at this stage in your life. I am so thankful that He can use guys like you and me as He winds down the clock on this world! Our age is totally irrelevant to Him! Beldin