Saturday, October 18, 2008

IN THE GRIP OF THE FATHER'S HAND

The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand.
Psalm 37:23-24 NLT
~~~~~~~

This scripture brings to mind a young child walking through unfamiliar territory with his father. He has never gone this way before. Being young and inexperienced he doesn’t know the possible dangers that need to be avoided. But there is no fear in his heart because he is with his father and he knows his father loves him. What’s more, his father has a hold of his hand.

The father delights in every detail of his child’s life. He rejoices over him as he watches him grow and become more and more like him - even beginning to walk and talk like him. If his child were holding onto the father’s hand he could very easily lose his grip stumbling, and injure himself in a fall. The father knowing that is very likely to happen makes sure that he has a firm grip on his child’s hand.

Does this illustration have anything to say to us concerning our walk with the Lord? It speaks to my heart. First off, it assures me that the Lord will direct my steps because He desires His best for my life. Secondly, it lets me know that I am loved by my heavenly Father, who takes delight in me! How absolutely incredible!! Thirdly, He knows if it depended on me holding on to His hand I would not only stumble, but fall and destroy myself. He is not going to let that happen to His child in whom He takes delight. So to keep us secure He takes hold of our hand. We need not fear, He will not lose His grip!!


Let’s Pray-
Father, I am eternally grateful for your unconditional love! There is nothing as comforting as the firm grip of your hand on mine. I know you will not let me fall.
Amen

“HOW OFTEN DO YOU PRAY FOR OUR NATION?” Click the response which best fits you. The POLL appears at the upper right side of this Blog, - Please cast your vote.


If today’s promise and comments have been meaningful to you – don’t hesitate to leave a comment. (Single space gives best appearance.)


You can e-mail this page by clicking on the envelope at the bottom of this page.

No comments: