Saturday, September 27, 2008

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULESS

I praise your name
for your unfailing love and faithfulness;
for your promises are backed
by all the honor of your name.
Psalm 138:2 NLT
~~~~~~~~

I started singing scriptures songs and praise and worship choruses over 30 years ago. They have stimulated my faith and helped me express love and appreciation to God for His mercy and grace. But I also love the old hymns of the Church. My most favored of all is “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” by T. O. Chisholm. You know the familiar refrain: “Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand hath provided, Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!”

I became aware of that reality over 58 years ago and I still praise His name for His unfailing love and faithfulness. Today’s scripture reminds us that God’s promises can be counted on without reservation because they are “backed by all the honor of His name.” God will never go back on His word for that would bring dishonor to His name. In fact it is impossible for Him to be unfaithful and still be God! Being faithful is His nature. As the hymn says, “There is no shadow of turning with Thee; Thou changest not, Thy passions they fail not; As Thou hast been Thou forever will be.”

How blessed we are to have "Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth, His own dear presence to cheer and to guide; Strength for today and bright hope tomorrow, Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside."

Let’s Pray-
Lord, I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness. You keeping your promises brings honor to your name and after all that’s what it’s all about – the honor of your name!
Thank you, Lord.

“HOW OFTEN DO YOU PRAY FOR OUR NATION?” Click the response which best fits you. The POLL appears at the upper right side of this Blog, - Please cast your vote.


If today’s promise and comments have been meaningful to you – don’t hesitate to leave a comment. (Single space gives best appearance.)

You can e-mail this page by clicking on the envelope at the bottom of this page.

No comments: